RE: graphics card tv out [can't afford touch screen ;( ]

  • Subject: RE: graphics card tv out [can't afford touch screen ;( ]
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:37:05 +0100

I used a 10 metre S-video cable with no problems, but even then the picture
isn't fantastic... - But it's horses for courses I guess, - depends a fair
bit on the hardware at each end....

Incidentally, if your TV has an RGB enabled SCART socket available, you may
be able to make up a lead to use the VGA-out on the PC directly, which
should be even better than S-Vid. If you search the archive (or ask around
here) someone should be able to point you to the website link that was
posted here a while ago with the details (sorry, I don't have it to hand
anymore..)

And of course, I'm _bound_ to say that if you want to send S-vid over long
distances, then the obvious and best bet is to use a couple of Keiths KAT5
units....    (http://www.kat5.tv/)

HTH

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger