Re: Calling Barix Owners

  • Subject: Re: Calling Barix Owners
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:07:13 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Can anyone kindly tell me what the power supply is to a Barix
Exstreamer -
> it says 9V DC on the Exstreamer itself and 12V DC in the manual. What
does
> it say on the psu (which I don't have here ??

The Exstreamer should come with a power supply. It originally takes 9V DC
but as Mark has said, it sometimes emit a loud hum when the line voltage
is below the expected 230V AC which causes the final DC voltage to be
below the operational threshold. All recent Exstreamers have been factory
modified to be more tolerant of DC voltage fluctuations. 12V DC PSU may
also be used to provide a greater operating voltage margin.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.