Re: Line-level audio distribution

  • Subject: Re: Line-level audio distribution
  • From: "yhkeppy" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:26:05 -0000

Sure, but i'm looking for something a lot simpler. I've got twin
screened cable running from node 0 to lots of locations (as well as
the omnipresent cat5e) and want to use this. Basically each room is
cabled back and presented on custom panels of paired RCA sockets. I
then want to patch these out to one of two 'zones', where a zone is a
device that accepts one line-level audio input and outputs that
signal 8 times (i.e. a distributor).

I *could* just connect the whole bundle together (left signals, right
signals and earths) for each zone - works fine for 2 or maybe 3
outputs but I don't want to push it up to 8. Xantech's AV61 appears
to do something similar to what I need (with composite video thrown
in), but i can't find a UK distributor for it.

All I need is an audio equivalent of an off-the-shelf VHF disributor
loft box. I'm even prepared to make one with a suitable circuit
diagram!!

Cheers,

Keith