Re: Amplified speakers?

  • Subject: Re: Amplified speakers?
  • From: "yhkeppy" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:34:34 -0000

Paul,

I bought them a while back, but try something like the following,=20
which appear to be the replacements or closest alternatives:

Creative Inspire P380 (around =A330)=20
(http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/multimediaandspeakers/produ
ctView.htm?quicklinx=3D2SYG)

Creative Inspire G380 (around =A330)=20
(http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/multimediaandspeakers/produ
ctView.htm?quicklinx=3D2VCM)

Creative Inspire 2.1 2800 Digital (around =A340)=20
(http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/multimediaandspeakers/produ
ctView.htm?quicklinx=3D2460)

Bear in mind you get what you pay for, and as long as you don't=20
expect hi-fi quality then you won't be disappointed. I'll be looking=20
for a similar setup for my newly rebuilt bathroom, so if you end up=20
with any of these let me know how you get on!! I would suspect you=20
can get some of these in PCWorld if you wanted to go look.

Cheers,

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Smith" <ukha@p...> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>=20
>=20
> 	Which ones do you use and where did you get them from.
>=20
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Paul
>=20
>=20
Creative=20
<magnatizerr@t...>=20
wrote:
> > > I did this exact thing for a friend last week. His hearing
is=20
a=20
> bit=20
> > dodgy
> > > and could not hear the crappy speakers on his 14" LCD
TV in=20
the=20
> > bedroom.
> > > We used an old stereo amplifier, hid it in his closet,
not=20
> > exactly 'elegant'
> > > but it was cheap and works!
> > >=20
> > > HTH
> > >=20
> > > Rob
> > >=20
> > >=20
amplified=20
> > > speakers for the ceiling?
> > >=20
> > > For reasons probably too lengthy to go into here, I would
like=20
> to=20
> > > feed audio out of the kitchen LCD TV using the second Scart-
out=20
> > > socket and simply run it to some ceiling speakers.
> > >=20
> > > Is my understanding correct that it has to first go through
a=20
> > powered=20
> > > wall switch (AKA. Russound A-Bus), or are there
stand-alone=20
> > amplified=20
> > > speakers available? - If not, are there any other
alternatives=20