Fw: XBMC, and ISO images...

  • Subject: Fw: XBMC, and ISO images...
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:56:08 +0100

Ah - over the network. Are you sure ISOs work over the lan ? If you want
to access files over the lan you have to specify xns, smb etc in the data
- but if you use ISO9660: how is it to know what network to use and how ?

So this line infers an SMB share (I can see that)
iso9660://KEPLER;dvd:dvd@192.168.1.26/DVDs/WEST_WING_SEASON_3_DISC
_1.ISO

But no SMB:// is specified ? Or does ISO9660: only work over SMB and is
defaulted ? But then how would local ISO9660:'s work ?

Just talking out loud here - or is my logic faulted ?

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 16/04/2004 19:52 -----

Discussion