Latest message you have seen: Speaker Switcher

Re: [OT] CCTV Bullet Camera and DV Camcorder?

Anthony Livingstone wrote:
> Question is - If I get a nifty colour CCD bullet cam can I connect it
> to the composite video cable and a bettery pack and record direct
> onto the camcorder or do I need some sort of special kit?

Short answer, yes.  I borrowed a friend's camcorder to record from a
camera,
but it wouldn't work.  Other bullet cams are fine though.  I suppose you
have to get the right camera.

> I want to mount the bullet cam on a helmet and use it to video things
> like mountain biking and airsoft outings etc...

I was going for a knee-cam for skiing ;-)

> Of course I will also be able to use the cam as part of a home
> security system once I splash out on a Geovision card.

Great minds, 'n' all that!

Cheers,
Andy
--