Re: Music Server Software

  • Subject: Re: Music Server Software
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:22:03 -0000

MainLobby / MusicLobby works best around a whole-house centrally
distributed audio system. On my setup I use the QED SystemLine for
audio with 3 of the source inputs being fed by 3 outputs from my
music server with around 8000 tracks ripped to .ape lossless.
SystemLine takes care of local volume and source selection (IR
and/or wall-mount select)and I use combinations of pc clients /
Smart Displays / touch screen for music selection and other HA tasks.
If you want pc's to playback music for their local listening area
(zone) then you will need install a player (can be MC8 or 9) on each
local pc and map a network drive or network place to your server pc
where your music resides. The player on the local pc would then
stream the music (having located it previously via a media search)
from the network (server) drive and play it via it's soundcard.
You could have music lobby on each local pc and used it as a front
end to JRiver MC8 (free version I think?)

Hope this helps

Keyvan
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rowdy" <aoop43@d...> wrote:
> Keyvan,
>
> I think this is the bit I didn't really understand, whether each
client
> controlled the central PC (the one with MC9) or whether each
client just
> streamed whatever you requested to that PC (if that makes sense).
What I
> want to achive is the streamed MP3's across my lan, which I guess
MC9
> and Musiclobby will not let me do?
>
> Keith
removed]