Re: cat5e stp or utp?

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 01:16:37PM -0000, s369180 wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to cat5. Please can you tell me do you use utp or stp,
> and why? Thanks.

In most installs you will be fine with utp, stp only comes in useful if you
have a "noisy" installation, ie there is lots of electrical
interference.

stp is also more expensive and harder to work with, it's a lot less
maleable and utp just bends where you want it to.

hth,

Stu.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha