RE: Old PC PSU as power supply for VFD

  • Subject: RE: Old PC PSU as power supply for VFD
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:33:10 +0100

The 5v standby circuit is not designed to supply a large current, also, the
fan is not running when the psu is in standby mode, double check what
current you can safely draw from the 5v standby circuit to keep in-spec.

My gut feeling is that you should have no problem, although I have seen
some
vfd's that draw nearly an amp ;)

Cheers, Des.