RE: Re: Skype offers free voice calls via PDAs

  • Subject: RE: Re: Skype offers free voice calls via PDAs
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:19:31 +0100

> > It is not possible to relay the callerid info to 'normal' phones
> unles your
> > FXS card supports inserting UK caller id in the internal ringing
> sequence.
> > None do.
>
> This is true, but in my experience *every* BT caller id phone I have
> purchased works fine with the Bell format caller id.

Ah, I didn't know that, so, using the tdm-400p FXS card once * knows the
callerid, it will squirt it out in Bell format to BT callerid phones, which
might/should be able to read it.

Has anyone got one of the digium FXS cards to test this?

Cheers, Des.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha