RE: Re: Gas boiler control

  • Subject: RE: Re: Gas boiler control
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:03:02 +0100

wrote:
>>  No room thermostat anywhere, Tom. Where would you put one -
>> multiple stats and occupancy sensors might make sense.
>
> If you want to go "off the shelf", RS do wireless stats (and
no doubt
> a decent plumbers merchants will also be able to supply them). You
> could actually walk around with the battery powered ones if you were
> so inclined - but this obviously isn't terribly convenient, and only
> really works for single occupancy.
>
> If you can manage to thread three core low voltage cabling and fancy
> rolling your own control, then you might want to look at the quasar
> temperature sensor board - about 20 quid, it supports 4 sensors, and
> has a simple serial interface. I could bring one along to the UKHA
> meet if you're interested.
>
> Patrick

Also take a look for the new Honeywell CM controls range - designed for
wireless operation and includes programmer/boiler controller, room stats
with a table mount if you don't want to wall mount, and perhaps more
interestingly there are also wireless radiator actuators that replace the
standard thermostatic head with a battery powered actuator with built in
programmer from what I've seen. I don't know if it offers any hope for
remote control via 3rd party systems (I doubt it), but it offers a solution
without running any wires.

Neil B.