Re: New TTS engine - NeoSpeech

  • Subject: Re: New TTS engine - NeoSpeech
  • From: "Richard Spruit" <r.spruit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:41:18 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Just browsing the Homeseer web site and noticed a new TTS engine
=96=20
neospeech.com
>=20
> Sounds as good if not better than AT&T NV =96 anyone tried it?
>=20
> One of the problems I have with NV is that it can take some time to=20
initialise (5-10 seconds). Wonder if this product is any better. Only=20
US voices available at the moment though.
>=20
> Paul.

Not exactly, Korean, Japanese and Mandarin Chinees are also=20
available :-)

Through a partnership with babeltech (www.babeltech.com) there are=20
also Belgian Dutch (Flamand), Hollands Dutch, French, German, Swedish=20
and UK English are also available.

Richard