From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 April 2004 09:20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Ironic???

>LOL! Sounds just like my install, perhaps we should have a how many
boxes
>of
>unused/un-commissioned kit poll?
>
>Rob

Don't even go there.... SWMBO's might get wind of it and stop us adding
that list when the next "bargain" (tm) comes around...

Personally, Just off the top of my head, I can think of the following
stuff
that I've never yet put to "good" use...

2 Fuji tablets
1 Epods
1 VIOM
1 Quasar temp sensor
2 DS9097U's
1 Meteor CID unit
1 serial VFD
1 Veronica FM transmitter
1 RedRat
1 Loftbox (still haven't got it working properly)
2 Compaq fingerprint scanners

Of course, I do *intend* to integrate all this stuff into my house
"when
get time" (that old chetstnut), although _IF_ there does happen to be
bring-&-buy area at UKHA2004, I may well force myself to be brutal and
bring
some of this stuff along...

However, on a more positive note, I have just managed to rebuild my HA
server PC, - now rackmounted, running Win2K server, and with an 8-port
serial card that until very recently was on that list... With the extra
serial ports available (10 in total), I *will* get round to using some
more
of that serial-connected stuff, like the Quasar, VFD & VIOM etc....

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha