Re: Gas boiler control

Hi Pete,

I have done something with an oil fired boiler in replacing the
controller for more control and functionality and I know Brian Reynolds
has done something with the timer on his gas boiler. As yet I have not
implemented the temperature bit but that is coming in the next release.

www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk under Projects and Boiler Control

Dave...

Pete Shew wrote:

> I have just received a nice large gas bill. What I am wondering is are
> there any smart central heating controllers that, for example, take
> account of the temperature drop in the circuit, to reduce boiler on
time.

> I have a fairly large system with two boilers in tandem and three
> zones plus hot water. All radiators have thermostatic valves, except
> bathroom towel heater type which I shall be fitting soon. The current
> control is by means of a triple and a single time switch controlling
> zone valves. These are commoned via a contactor to drive both boilers.
>
> However, I don't use both boilers at the same time as one is
> electrically and liquidly isolated. From time to time I switch the
> active boiler, and haven't yet felt the need to run both to provide
> the required heating.
>
> If there are no products commecially available, has anyone
> experimented with microcontroller heating control?
>
> Pete

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha