RE: Re: Tech This Year

Quoting Jon Whiten <jon@xxxxxxx>:

> Bletchley Park, of station X fame, has just such a museum

Ah memories :-)

Havent been to Bletchley Park since 1985 but as it used to be one of the BT
training schools I spent many weeks there.

I feel I may have to take a trip there some time in the near future
especially
as this year is 28 years (Bloody Hell!!!) since I first climbed a pole at
Bletchley.

Summer of 1976... really hot, really dry. All the poles were on the top of
hill ovelooking a main road quite a distance below. At the other side of
the
road was a cutting with the main railway line to London. The landscape
conspired to make the poles seem even higher than they really were, and it
didnt help that the ground had dried up and shrunk so that all the poles
wobbled in the ground.

Definately wont forget the first day.

Executive coach from Norwich to Bletchley with 12 apprentices stuffing
themselves silly with fizzy pop and crisps etc.

Arrived for lunchtime and stuffed ourselves silly with curry (as you can
tell I
have been practicing for UKHA2004 Fatty Arbuckles Blowout for some
time!!!).

Then.... they take us into the cinema and show us a safety film with people
suffering injuries from pole steps, manhole covers, screwdrivers through
the
hand etc. Just what you need on a full stomach...NOT!! YUK :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv