From: "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <rich@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT]Shower Pumps

Neil Fuller wrote:

> I've installed lots of Stuart Turners and never had a call back on
them.

> They are noisy but no worse than other makes. You can put them on
> antivibration mounts and use flexible connections but they do still
make a
> noise.
>
> Personally, I have an ST Monsoon 3 bar twin impellor pump. It works
very
> well with two showers, although there is a slight but noticible drop
in
> pressure when the second shower is turned on.
>
> It is important to use a good quality shower in this application
otherwise
> you may find temperature instability a problem - Expect to pay upwards
of
> £200 for the shower mixer alone!
>
> As this is rather OT (unless you are going to automate it in some way
-
and
> the inbuilt flow switches dont count!), then probably reply off list
if I
> can be of any further help.

Ive never heard of a shower pump till now, do you guys in the UK have
problems
with low water pressure or something? Even people here with tank water here
just
have a pump that pressureises the whole plumbing system to a normal
pressure
so
a specific one for a shower seems overkill... unless you want to drive a
pressurewasher nozzle off it.. ;)

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha