RE: OT Electronics guru

I've just spoken to a friend that had been looking into some X10 signals on
his scope

He found that a PC connected close to his X10 transceiver attenuated the
X10
signals substantially

Basically we think that the filters in the SMPSU that are present to
prevent
conducted noise from the PSU entering the mains circuit are also
attenuating
the X10 signals (which is after all just noise superimposed on the Mains)

Couple of things to try

Plug LCD in via a really long extension lead as far away from the X10
transmitter that you can
This should reduce the effect of the filters in the LCD PSU
A more permanent solution would be to use a 1:1 isolating transformer for
the LCD power, a non toroidal works best.  He was trying to get US 110VAC
X10 equipment running in the UK and found that a standard transformer would
block the X10 signals whereas a toroidal would allow some signal to pass.

He also passed don these couple of links

<http://www.smarthome.com/4836.html>
<http://www.smarthome.com/howto21.html>
<http://www.smarthome.com/solution18.html>
<http://www.smarthomemfg.com/manuals/1626web.pdf>