RE: Alarm I/O --> Serial Port

Sounds like a job for the Phaedrus VIOM board....

http://www.phaedrusltd.co.uk/system/index.html

That will happily report up to 16 I/O lines out a COM port as a binary
string, and will IIRC also meet your requirement of operating switched
outputs as well...

HTH

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger