macrovision & rf distribution

Hi,

I'm currently using an old vcr as an rf modulator for distributing
dvd video to the bedroom set. Now my faithful Pioneer dvd (with
macrovision and region hack) has had some quirks and I replaced it
with a cheap Mustek for the time being (budget constraints ;-)- it's
region free alright but macrovision is a bugger.
I've always been told that macrovision saturates the vcr input signal
so the vcr tries to compensate for it creating the brightness to
fluctuate - will this be solved by using an off the shelf modulator
or do these things also suffer from same phenomena ??

Rob