From: White, Peter [mailto:peter.white@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 March 2004 17:24
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Wiring up a radar detector

Long shot this, but the Merc forums are all US-based and not always very
helpful - I've got a Roadpilot which I've fitted on the right-hand side of
the dash.  It's got a power lead to the cigar lighter, but I've lopped that
off in the hope of finding a hard-wired solution.  However, every wire I
try
is live, ignition on or not.  Wasn't like that in my TT.  I'm guessing that
the newer Mercs run power around the car, and have local modules to control
what's on and off.  Anyone got any experience of this?  I'd rather not have
to take up the carpets or pull the dash apart to find some power.  It's a
2003 CLK cab if that makes a difference.

Thanks

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx