[OT] Online Games for Kids

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT] Online Games for Kids
  • From: "Derek Erb" <dce42@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:12:46 -0000

This is probably more than a medium-level OT... but...

As you know by some of my other threads here I'm going to be fully
networking my new house.  I have computers, the wife has a computer
and both of the kids have computers.

I would love to be able to play games with my kids over the
network.  *THE* game I can't wait for is The Sims Online as all of
us play The Sims on our computers already.  However the European
release keeps getting delayed.

Unfortunately just about every other game I've found that one can
play directly over IP is some sort of shoot-em-up, blow-em-up, war,
destruction and violence game.  I have to admit to quite enjoying
that sort of thing every now and then myself.  However I have two
daughters... neither one of them really likes that stuff
(thankfully) and it's not the sort of thing I'd want to play with
them anyway.  I'd have great difficulty enjoying shooting at my kids
even with a virtual weapon at virtual opponents...

Does anyone know of any non-violent, or at least notably less-
violent, network games we can play in and through the house???

Card games? Board games? Anything?