Re: [OT?]

I am thinking of reconfiguring my main PC and have doubts about the IDE
organisation.  I am getting conflicting advice - Plays DVD/Music etc as
well as handling Internet/network traffic/Video Editing etc.

2 IDE HDD - 1x IDE DVD Reader 1 x DVD Writer

Current arrangement
Primary Channel
Master Maxtor HDD - Drives (C:)  (F:)
Slave Seagate HDD Drive (D:)
Secondary Channel
Master LG DVD-ROM (G:)
Slave Pioneer DVD-RW 105 (H:)

The Seagate drive might be bounced for a 120Gb if I do the reconfig.
Nero won't let me copy on the fly because the 2 DVDs are on the same IDE
channel, but won't putting a DVD drive on an IDE channel with a HDD slow
down the IDE transfer between HDDs?

Any comments/suggestions???

Thanks Tim.