X10 to IR Converter Experiences?

  • To: "'UKHA List'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 to IR Converter Experiences?
  • From: "Julian Stuhler" <julian.stuhler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:22:08 +0100

Hi.

Does anyone have an experience with solutions for converting an X10
signal to IR? I want to be able to control my AV gear (in the cinema
room on the ground floor) from my home control PC (situated in the
loft). As the PC already has an X10 interface, this seems like a
reasonable approach. I know that there are devices out there that allow
a PC to generate an IR signal directly, but I don't have an easy way of
getting that signal to the AV gear downstairs.

Smarthome have a unit ( <http://www.smarthome.com/1623.HTML>
http://www.smarthome.com/1623.HTML)
that seems to do just what I want,
but its not that cheap and I've fallen into that trap before!

Any advice or previous experiences gratefully received!

Thanks,

Julian