Micromodules and momentary switches

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Micromodules and momentary switches
  • From: "Mark" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:23:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice/help with regards to X10 micromodules.

At the moment I have a socket rocket on the landing light controlled by
Homeseer. OK as it is but there is no local control, which dosen't quite
get
SWMBO approval.

Rewiring the house is not an option so that rules out Clipsal etc

So I have looked at the micromodules (AWM2 TMA4 TMD4 etc) which as I
understand it can be fitted behind the light fitting and I can use either
normal switches or momentary switches.

Now in my limited understanding, if I use normal switches and turn off the
light I will have the same problem I have now, if it's off then Homeseer
cant control it. So the other option is momentary switches.

So can I just fit a micromodule behind the light fitting and if so which
one
should I use? Can I replace the light switch with a momatary one even
though
there is no neutral at the switch? And if I'm completly talking out of my
@rse what other options do I have?

Thanks

Mark.