From: Rob Lamb
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 12:07 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Requesting Advice on GPS and Pocket PC

Marcus,

I use a Compaq serial GPS (at least that's what I think it said on
the box) unit with my Jornada 568. I've got an extra serial cradle
installed in the car and the GPS unit is connected to this. The
aerial I have is described as 'active' so I'm not sure if it could
also be used for WiFi and plugs into the GPS 'black box' behind the
dash.

I also have a CF GPS card but the reception on this is poor in the
car and looks a lot messier with the unit and an external aerial
cable coming from the top (this set up also seems quite fragile for
taking in and out of the car). With the serial cradle I can still
use my Bluetooth or WiFi card in the CF slot for web/e-mail.

TomTom with voice is definately a great piece of kit especially when
linked with POI warning software so it can announce speed cameras
etc. The whole map of the UK is 92Mb and fits on a seperate MMC card
in the Jornada.

Rob