Re: [OT] Gonna buy fast PC - what/who/where?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Gonna buy fast PC - what/who/where?
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:24:34 -0000

Yes, I tried an old ATI all-in-one which works fine in the old
Gateway PIII 600.
Just not getting any video signal at all.
Even tried the Gainward TI4600 from my current pc.
It must be the motherboard.
If it were the RAM or CPU then I should get onscreen errors or even
audio ones (beeps).
If it does not work outside the case, then I am sending the Asus
P4C800 back as faulty.
It is just such pain unsrcewing everything and psu removal and all
so fiddley... WHAT A PAIN

Keyvan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Could be lots of things - checking for shorts is good - make sure
no extra m/b pillars fitted in case that could be touching PCB. Have
you tried other components in it like graphics card etc?

> I just ordered the following for del tomorrow :) (just like
Christmas every time!)

> Abit IC7-Max3
> P4 3GHz
> OCZ 1 Gb P4000 Dual channel DDR