Introduction of new member

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Introduction of new member
  • From: Russell Haliburton <rhalibur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

It was requested I provide a brief introduction as a new member of the
group.  I will provide a high level summary of my current setups and
projects of interest.

Home network distribution and cables from www.futuresmart.com.

Wiring Layout
2 pair quad shield RG6 coax
2 pair cat 5 network cables
2 pair multi-mode fiber
4 pair 2 conductor 14 ga speaker wire
4 pair 4 conductor 16 ga shieled wire

This is distributed to 12 drops through out the house.  There are also some
additional drops for phones and network.

Distribution Panel
12 zone super pro and an additional expansion panel
Punch down for the above cables
Service input hub
1 - 4 line to 12 location Telephone Hub
1 - 8 in, 16 out Coax TV Distribution Hub
2 - 8 port 10/100MBPS network switch
2- Triple channel modulators for CCTV

File/Web Server and Systems
1 - Sony 1.8 GHz, 512 MB ram, 300 GB hard drive Windows 2000
1 - HP 1.4 GHz, 256 MB ram, 100 GB hard drive Windows ME
1 - Built 2.4 GHz, 512 MB ram, 200 GB hard drive Windows XP
3 - Built 1.0 GHz, 256 MB ram, 100 GB hard drive Windows 98
3 - Miscellaneous laptops
1 - Microsoft MN 500 wireless base station

Home Security / Automation  www.homeauto.com
1 - HAI Omni Pro
1 - Omni expansion enclosure
2 - 16 Zone hardwire expanders
1 - Two way voice module
2 - Speaker / Microphone modules
2 - 8 relay modules
1 - External thermometer
1 - Supervised wireless receiver
3 - Flush mount controllers
4 - Omnistat RC80 thermostats
1 - Dual X-10 transmitter
2 - RS232 communication boards
1 - Web link software

Home Automation  www.homeautomatedliving.com
HAL 2000 version 2.0.33
HAL Voice Portal
Integrated with HAI Omni Pro
Tied into phone system
Wireless communication via FM microphone
90 + X-10 switches

Whole house audio
1 - Russound CA6.4, 6 zone, 4 source amplifier
6 - LCD keypads with IR receiver
18 - Speakers vary by room requirement
1 - Yamaha reciever / amplifier
1 - Tuner
1 - CD disk system
1 - DVD disk system

Remotes  www.consumer.philips.com
Philips Pronto TSU2000
Philips iPronto

That is enough, I am sure there is a few items I have left out.  I wanted
to put it out there so you would have an idea of what I am expereinced in.
Naturally the level varies within the subjects.  My next project is to
complete the IR distribution so I can command various items by voice with
HAL.  I will be asking you to share your expertise.

I look forward to some interesting conversations.

Regards,

RHalibur