Re: connector blocks

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Has anyone got a better/smaller/neater solution to using standard
3A connector strips (the standard electricians ones) to
extend/patch/terminate small wires in alarm enclosures etc. Needs to
be insulated and free-standing or stick/screw downable.

> The standard terminal blocks are just too bulky when using several.
>
> Paul.

I have used heating control wiring boxes for main wiring, which are
basically a 12 way strip in a 6x4 plastic box.
Wickes used to sell them for a couple of quid a pop, but they don't
seem to do them now. I did notice that Hager do a similar style of
junction box in their catalogue, but have no idea of costs though.

If you want something that actually fits within the alarm box, then
I have used some molex style (0.1" pitch) crimp terminal connectors
>from
and also how the crimps come (some are only sold in reels of 10,000 !)

Cheers,
John.