Upgrade to Win 98 (on Fuji?)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Upgrade to Win 98 (on Fuji?)
  • From: "Nick Towers" <nickt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:00:42 -0000

Seems I actually *need* to upgrade my Fuji to Win 98. Reason, am I
want to use it (wirelessly) as my music control for my Rios, and want
to run the "tRio" front end on it. This requires Java Run Time
Environment and this appears not to work with Win 95.
I have Win 98 media/licenses (full version), but to install that I'd
need to erase most/all data on the HDD, and I'm worried about losing
the touch screen software etc.
So I either need an Win98 upgrade (if anyone's got a redundant one
they'd be willing to sell? - please email me off list), or another
way of doing it. I realise there was a Win 98SE disk image for the
Fuji, unfortunately my Win 98 stuff isn't SE, so if I bought SE, +
relevant tools to implement image I reckon I'd be looking at an "out
of proportion" price. So, does anyone know a way of stripping off
&
reinstalling the Fuji-specific stuff as well as WiFi stuff, after a
Win 98 full version install?

For those of you with Rios, the tRio software (particularly with
JReceiver) is very cool, and gives you not only an attractive, easily
visible & usable web front end to control/schedule what's playing,
but also handles shoutcast radio streams. My only real complaint
about the Rios is the pathetic GUI/LCD screen, and this eliminates
the problem.

NIck