Re: [OT] getting the most from Ebay?

Find completed items the same as you want to sell to gauge the price yours
will go for.

Start with a very low opening price, that generates more interest early on,
if you list for 10 days on a thursday evening (about 6-8pm) then you get 2
weekends worth of bidding and a finish on the weekend.  Of course if you
list it for 99p it might sell for 99p, but if you see how much others have
sold the same thing for then you probably will get in the same ball park.
If you start with a low bid price, you can set a buy it now price at around
the level that others have sold, you only pay a little for buy it now and
you can get a quick sale that way.  If it sells within 20 minutes of your
listing, you've probably set it too low, but hey, better than it cluttering
up your office...

Weigh your item.  Work out how much it is going to cost to send and STATE
that in the description.  Use www.royalmail.co.uk to calculate your price
and send it recorded delivery or signed for with parcelforce.  Parcelforce
48 will collect from you for a fixed price, which is better than lugging it
to the post office.  The only hassles I've had with buyers have been with
postage prices, and if you state them in advance (especially for a big
monitor) then they dont really have a leg to stand on.

Also describe absolutely everything about the item and be honest, (Ie there
is a 2mm cosmetic scratch on the left of the case....)

Personally I also only sell to the UK, saves a lot of fraudulent bidders
and
keeps you in control of the postage.

Also if you accept paypal, your more likely to get someone to impulse buy,
because they aren't using real money....

Hope that helps.

Matthew