RE: Soundcard drivers - multi zone with one card!!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Soundcard drivers - multi zone with one card!!!
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:09:25 +0100

Not as far as I can see having researched the docs etc - you only get 4
'devices' showing up in windows per card. You can play different audio on
each device and I guess if your app supported it, you could play different
audio on the left and right channel of each device. Don't know if that'd
work - guess it's down to the app and if it likes to share the device or
not.

However, you can put multiple cards in the PC and do it this way i.e. 2
Audigy's = 8 outputs!

You may want to ask this question on the kX Project forum though - there
are a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.

Paul.