RE: rs232/USB relay control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: rs232/USB relay control
  • From: "Robert Welsh" <bob-ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:32:41 +0100

> > something like http://www.dontronics.com/giga.html#io24
assuming
> > you're handy with a soldering iron (or know a man who can).
>
> Hell no : Writting USB device drivers is a pain in the ****
> (Oh yeh I should stop surfing and get back to writting that
> piece of junk)..... Mind you this one does look VERY
> interesting pity it's USB.

You're wanting to support it on Linux - right ??
I know there's Windows drivers for it...but you should drop the guys @
http://www.ftdichip.com a line. They
were quite helpful last I spoke
with them. (They're based in Glasgow).
Might save you some development.
Incidentally, I'd prefer to see more of these external units supporting
USB - so if you are developing something then, for me anyway, USB would
be a big plus-point.

> Many thanks again Rob.

No worries.

Cheers,