Re: £250.00 Tivo - good value ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>

>I've got both Tivo AND Sky+  - does that make me part of the grey side?
 ;)

I have to admit to being very tempted to sell my TiVo and get Sky+ instead,
now
that the monthly fee is being waived. I could sell the TiVo and Sky box for
(hopefully) a lot more than the £200 it would cost to get a Sky+ box
installed.

The other reasons would be the improved picture quality and the ability to
record one channel and watch another at the same time, something I'd find
useful
enough to have considered getting a second sub so that TiVo could have it's
own
dedicated Sky box. There's also the promised dual recording facility which
is
apparently now imminent.

The downsides, of course, are that I would lose quite a bit of the
functionality. Season Passes (or equivalent) are supposedly nowhere near as
good
on Sky+ as on TiVo, and that really is the essence of a PVR in my opinion -
the
ability to just tell the series you like to watch and it goes off and
records
them for you without you needing to intervene further.

Sky+ doesn't have suggestions either, but I find the TiVo suggestions so
hopeless since the last software upgrade that I almost never watch any of
them
anyway.

As someone with both systems, could you comment on how well season passes
work
on each? Are there any other annoying ommissions from Sky+? Would I regret
getting rid of the TiVo?

Thanks

Dave