RE: [OT] Tivo

While on the subject of the tivo list, I get real problems posting to it.
I keep getting mail sent back undeliverable

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Butler [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 09/09/2003 10:20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx; Tim Fletcher
Cc: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d][OT] Tivo

Quoting Tim Fletcher <timfletcher@xxxxxxx>:

> Slightly OT, but as you made me buy it...
>
> Can I use my Tivo to digitise other video sourced - Analog Camcorder
video
> etc.  Then with the addition of a network card I would have a ready
made A/D
> transcriber.
>
> Anyone done it?  Any pitfalls?
>
> Tim.

Tim, there is a dedicated tivo group (FYI only, this is not a dig at
OT-ness)
that you might like to join.

You can plug any rgb or composite source in the back of the tivo and do a
manual record I guess.
I haven't done this (though others in the tivo group have) but I believe
extracting video from the TiVo is a bit of a PITA and slow to boot, so it
would
not necessarily be as good a solution as you think.
There are some links in the TiVo How-To for extracting video from a TiVo
and a
link also to the mailing list:  http://www.freeranger.co.uk

HTH,

Tony