RE: OT: Any Red hat heads here?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Any Red hat heads here?
  • From: "Ian Willoughby" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:54:15 +0100

Being Unix your nice new shiny box runs X, so you don't need remote access
as it is built in. You will need an X Server such as Xceeed or the likes
though.
Yes what you would consider as a client is called a server and the
application that run on your server are called clients.

You will have to enable GDM to provide a login screen by editing
/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

Welcome to Unix :-)

R's