From: Simon Brazier [mailto:simon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 September 2003 12:21
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Remote Mouse and Keyboard

I've managed to get the output of my main PC to display on the TV in the
lounge thanks to an RF modulator I had knocking around and the loftbox I
have installed. The only trouble is that I don't have mouse or keyboard
control.

The PC is only about 10 metres away from where I would sit in front of the
TV, but it is on a different floor of the house so it's not very easy to
run cables.

How do people normally achieve control ? Would an RF keyboard and mouse
transmit through a ceiling, is it worth trying a Bluetooth keyboard and
mouse, or is it best to get an IR keyboard and mouse and use something
like a Powermid to do the transmission ? Or would the best results come
>from

Main reason I'm wanting to do this is so that I can play music from the PC
upstairs in the lounge without having a noise PC in the lounge. The sound
and vision works, but without mouse control I can't add any tracks.

Thanks