HomeVision - xAP control Beta 3

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: HomeVision - xAP control Beta 3
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:16:30 -0000

Dear all,

Just to let you know that Beta 3 of the xAP control for Homevision
(Windows) is now available. Please email me if you would like a copy.

It still only supports one way traffic, FROM the xAP world TO the
Homevision world, but supports a far richer set of Homevision
functionality than Betas 1 and 2.

- X-10
... this is a plug replacement for the CM12U controller, using the
same xap-X10 schema. I simply stopped one bit of software (CM12) and
started the other (Homevision) and the lighting control from my
webserver carried on as if nothing had changed.

- IR
... this will transmit a pre-learnt IR command from Homevision

- Output port control
... set any of the output ports to LOW, HIGH, or TOGGLE

- Macro
... you can RUN any macro. You can also ENABLE or DISABLE

I am liasing with the xPL developers on the schemas used to ensure
that the functionality is available to xPL users as soon as possible
via the xAP/xPL bridge module soon to be in xPLHal.

The roadmap for future development goes as follows:

1: Re-work the code to break out some of the functions into separate
VB calls. This is important because it allows:

2: Investigate porting of the "command homevision" subsystem to
support EITHER direct connection OR DDE control of the Homevision
application. (Most-requested feature!)

3: Sort out the response stuff, so that events initiated in the
Homevision world can be reported back to the xAP world. (This
includes Input ports)

4: Depends what people ask for as to priorities. Some options include:

- OSD
- Setting flags directly from xAP messages
- Setting variables directly from xAP messages
- Thermostats [1]

[1] - realistically, if anyone wants me to start writing xAP stuff
for thermostats, they're going to have to lend me the kit. I'm using
native xAP temperature sensors.

This is a Windows application that uses Patrick Lidstone's xAP OCX.
This OCX is free for personal use - if you are interested in
commercial use, please contact him directly.

Regards,

Mark