RE: wiring question (x10 related)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: wiring question (x10 related)
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:00:06 +0100

- Did you run all of your switches and lights=20
=A0 back, regardless of whether you intended to=20
=A0 control them via x10 ?
=A0 (this is what I have done incase I change=20
=A0 my mind in the future, or use a different=20
=A0 method to control them).

Yes - every single fixed light in the house, outside and garage is now
cont=
rolled by an LD11 or AD10.

- Did you bring all the switches and lights=20
=A0 into junction boxes and then run singles=20
=A0 out to the DIN rail, or did you use connector=20
=A0 strips, or did you take them straight into=20
=A0 the enclosures and connect directly to the=20
=A0 DIN rails ?
=A0 (I plan to terminate all wires in connector=20
=A0 strips, and then run singles to the DIN rail=20
=A0 for those controlled by X10, and for the=20
=A0 others link them across as required. plan=20
=A0 is/was to use c/h wiring centres from Wickes).

I ran new T+E from every light switch (and newly added ones beside the
beds=
in master and main guest rooms) straight up into 3 54 din way enclosures i=
n the loft. Lots of new wiring. I incorporated this new wiring into the
exi=
sting scheme (with the help of an electrician friend - although he knew
not=
hing about X10).

- Finally (for now ;-] ) did you run your=20
ring and power wiring seperate from lighting, or=20
switch drops seperate from the light feeds ?
(I'm wondering if there may be potential=20
cross-talk problems that I've not catered for...)

Kept lighting circuits totally separate from ring main (as you should do)
w=
ith separate breakers at consumer unit.
=20

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20