[OT] Spamkiller / Spamassassin

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Spamkiller / Spamassassin
  • From: "Pedro de Oliveira" <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:50:37 +0100

Hi All

I know some of you are running the above program/s so I thought I'd ask
for some pointers.

I'm running an evaluation version which is version 2.0 for "Exchange
Small Business". Is this the latest version to run on Exchange Server
2000?

I am having all sorts of problems with it, if anyone can give me any
pointers as to solve the below, I would be appreciative:

1. Some email addresses are getting scanned but not all. Only after I
use the "test email" from an address does it start getting
scanned. This
doesn't seem right.
2. I've seen other peoples email headers and their spamassassin gives a
lot more info in the headers like this (from ukha_d archive:

----------------------
> SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been
altered
> SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
> SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for
more details.
> SPAM:
> SPAM: Content analysis details:   (2.80 hits, 2 required)
> SPAM: FROM_EGROUPS       (-0.5 points) Appears to be from yahoo groups
> SPAM: SUBJECT_MONTH_2    (-0.5 points) Subject contains a month name -
probable newsletter (2)
> SPAM: GROUPS_YAHOO_1     (-0.5 points) BODY: Yahoo! Groups message
> SPAM: TONER              (0.7 points)  BODY: Contains "Toner
Cartridge"
> SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_02_03  (0.8 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 02
03 (medium)
> SPAM:                    [score: 2]
> SPAM: FORGED_RCVD_TRAIL  (2.0 points)  trail of Received: headers
seems to
be forged
> SPAM: PLING_PLING        (1.5 points)  Subject has lots of exclamation
marks
> SPAM: AWL                (-0.7 points) AWL: Auto-whitelist adjustment
> SPAM:
> SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results
---------------------

3. The web interface to get at each users whitelists doesn't seem to
work. I go to http://localhost/spamkiller and put
my user name in, then
click "logon", it then asks for a username and password then goes
"cannot find page".

This is a "proper" trial version from nai website but it seems
it's
either busted or I am doing something wrong.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Pedro