Re: MusicLobby Users?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>

> Great Ian...
>
> Do you want to talk to Dan and Mario and between you get support for
xPL
added? Would be another nice
>app for xPL :-)

I have mailed Mario, hopefully we can get something sorted. There's an OCX
and DLL available for the xPL Core environment that will support 90% of
windows environments with a little bit of code and a recompile. there's
little rocket science at this stage, as the hard work has already been done
:)

> The reason I asked for ACE / HV support is that I'm running both of
them
very successfully and they do 99% of
> what I want them to do. As you mentioned recently in a post about xPL,
it's not quite there yet with application
> support - when it is, I'd certainly be keen to try it out further -
please
correct me if I'm wrong though ;)

It's at the stage that we need a lot of testing.. the situation with Ace is
that Dan Hoehen has been busy with HV pro, and struggling for time. I think
we had agreed to warp xPL functionality in a DLL, and Dan will make this
available within ACE Server so that xPL commands can be sent from within
Ace
Scripts, and xPL triggers or commands arriving can be used to trigger ACE
events...

I'll get back in touch and see if he has the time to wrap up the new DLL
into an ACE useable format.

Homevision is something that none of the current Development team actually
use, hence the lack of functionality.
Graham and Andy already have the hard work of pulling out HV functionality
(through Home Automator) and we are looking to add xPL support into that
environment, another thing that was stalled by the IANA Port application.

Somewhere along the line, it was mentioned that We could probably talk
directly to Home Vision, replacing the HV PC software, and simply placing
an
HV-xPL gateway in place. I seem to recall development on that one kicking
off, then falling quiet. I'll go rummage.

I'll mail you offlist about the current state of xPL apps Paul, I'd be
happy
to help you get the core environment set up, and it may prove useful for
all
of us to get to the situation of being able to add some extra goodies to
your environment!

Ian.