RE: MusicLobby Users?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: MusicLobby Users?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:59:40 +0100

I have mainlobby installed - is there a new beta?

There is a beta of the Main Lobby SERVER - this is a different app written
by Dan - allows communication with multiple Main Lobby clients and to an
increasing array of HA apps/kit - this is the really interesting bit for HA
people. I aksed Dan to make contact with Dan Hoenhen as is we could get ACE
support, the possibilities would open up considerably :-)

> - just starting to look at Girder. Do you already use that ??

I had ML talking to Girder some time ago - managed to get ML talking
indirectly to HomeVision by sending commands to Girder and then on to HV by
using the HVDesktop app and sending a command line command (X10 etc).
Worked well but would be even better to have MLServer directly support HV
or ACE.

This way, it's easy to create REALLY GOOD looking front end screens to
control X10, heating etc. The one problem was feedback i.e. temperature
reports etc. This could be solved by using the Web Lobby add-on which
allows a browser window to be placed in Main Lobby. Just then need to
create an HTML page etc.

The really nice thing about all this is that Mario and Dan respond quickly
to user requests and add new functionality/features :-)

Paul.