Re: Hush PC - still OT

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Shaf Ali" <shaf@s...> wrote:

> 1.5 lbs makes a lot of difference for me dude....

Yup....weight is important.  1.5 pounds is quite a difference.  Feel
the pain in that shoulder when you've been carrying it round all day...

> Comes with bluetooth and Wireless as standard has faster RAM can
take more
> RAM. Battery life now rivals the Mac...

Bluetooth is standard on the TiBooks and Wireless is standard on some
models, optional on the others. You need more than a Gig of RAM?

> school that can't really use a machine with just one mouse button on
> it.

Point of note: you can put a 2 or 3 button mouse on a mac if you like.
The support is built in, just Apple still like to issue expensive one
button 'light-up' mice, which die with alarming regularity.
Personally I have a Logitech 2 button and scroll which worked out of
the box no need for extra drivers.  I think you need the drivers for a
3 button mouse, say to use with Maya, but your bog standard USB 2
button plus scroll works a treat.

> was quite happy with the shell underneath the Mac's GUI but not
> comfortable with the Mac as a whole... Playback of a DVD on the Sony
put
> it this way is way better due to it's new Onyx screen.

A lot of people have reported problems runing DVD full screen on, I
think, the 12" TiBook, others say there's no problems.  Alas, I don't
have one to confirm either way :(

> laptop would definately be a Mac but the Sony has pulled something
>out a
> little special.

I've always been fond of Sony products myself, but I like OSX and
loathe Windows (all incarnations).  And I guess it's my job so I ought
to run OSX! :)  Now if Sony were allowed to make a mac clone...

Alcina