Re: xbox etc

><snippage>

>I booted off a cd that had evox on it with 3 menu options prepare HDD,
reboot
>and power off. I cant recall where I got it from.
>
>I will have to look into the issue of locking the HDD... Thats not
covered in
>the howto I was reading..

i'll zip config magic and stick that on my webspace as
well  www.tmw2n.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
make a cd with that on it ad well as some junk files (50 meg of junk should
do the trick) make sure you make it in udf and dvd video compatible. choose
unlock hdd and job is done.

>Also, whats the deal with widescreen and games, is the video setting
>stored on
>the hdd or on the xbox somewhere? evo-s dash comes up wide, as does
media
>player, but like in finding nemo off the hdd, its not widescreen.. Im
>gonna be
>gutted if its not wide...

its stored on the eeprom on the motherboard.  i have found some games
totally ignore teh setting and you need to choose widescreen in the options
menu. bit thick if you ask me though.