RE: Re: Hush PC

-----Original Message-----
From: alcinababe [mailto:alcinababe@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 02 September 2003 13:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Hush PC

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "P Murgatroyd" <yahoogroups@m...>
wrote:
> The downside is they cost twice as much :D,=20

Style is money my son!  It's not twice as much - particularly when you
bear in mind it's a comparable product to a Dell or a Compaq rather
than the cheapst put-together with odds and ends from a computer fair.=20

Agreed... your talking to a 17" powerbook owner ;-)

> although the eMac is a good
> alternative (if you can bear to live with a CRT)

Despite being a mac person through and through I hate the eMac!  Way
ugly, and waaaaaaaay heavy with no hand holds - the back is completely
rounded and you just can't get a grip!

How about an iBook?  Also very trendy and very small - not as
expensive as the iMac (iBook =A3799, iMac =A3999, eMac =A3649).

If your considering an apple laptop, I'd wait... Apple will be
updating their lines soon - they are well overdue... the 15" TiBook
	will
hopefully become aluminium... don=92t know what is going to happen 	on
the ibook front though.. possibly another speed jump?

> Its worth waiting for the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse
though...=20

Hmm...wireless keyboards and mice in my Open Access rooms.  Yes,
that'll work!  The students wouldn't start swaping them around would they?

True.. in that environment you cant beat wired.. but for the home..
now that=92s a different matter!

On the student front, I was glad when apple stopped using SCSI
floppy 	drives in their machines - I got fed of shelling out 150 quid
everytime one of the kids decided to feed a mouse mat to them...

Oh.. and mouse balls make good powerballs too (or they did until the
ring holders for them were superglued closed!)

p.=20

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20