Re: Linux based PBX/VoIP and VIA EPIA

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 12:39 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Linux based PBX/VoIP and VIA EPIA

> > I have a Compaq Deskpro EN 350 SFF (small form factor with an
incredible
> > quiet operation), PIII/350MHz, 64MB RAM runing RedHat 9 and
Asterisk,
> > 2xX100P PCI cards, 2xATA186 with 4 analog phones, 1xCisco 7940 IP
phone,
> > several soft phones (IAX and SIP) and a lot of external IAX
connections
> > my friends.
> > The maximum load of the processor seen was around 20%.
> >
> > Hope this help.
>
> That sounds very encouraging - especially since I'll probably stick at
least
> 256MB RAM in in.
>
> Thanks,
> James

This is a good choice...I will stick some more memory too, but for the
moment it seems not to be neccessary.
The smallest configuration used by me for an Asterisk installation was a
Compaq Armada 1700 (Celeron@300, 128MB RAM), for pure IP telephony (SIP,
IAX
and H.332 based). It is still in "production" as a small IAX/SIP
and
GSM/G.711 gateway (used as a physical support for a Cisco 7960 phone
too..:-))). I have two SIP/G.711 Cisco 7960 phones at my office and the
small PBX is used to connect to my main PBX at home. A direct connection of
the phones through internet (SIP/G.711) to the home PBX is unreliable, but
with a small local PBX (connected through IAX/GSM to the home one) is
perfect.

Best regards,
Dan