RE: OT: Exchange 5.5 catch all address

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Exchange 5.5 catch all address
  • From: "Simon Beech" <simon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:50:47 +0100

One way would be to not have a postmaster address in your org, but I'm
not sure what would happen to the mail then.

What I do is have a rule in outlook to sort all the mail into a folder,
that way I can delete the junk (most days all of it!) and forward any
mail that may be important.  But you could set up the rule to just
delete the mail.

Either way ex2k will still send out a NDR to whoever sent the mail to
let them know that the address doesn't exist.

Simon