Newbie

Hello everyone,

Yep, I'm a newbie to home automation, but have been considering doing
it for a while. I'm about to move house, and so am seizing the
opportunity to have a go at some home automation.

First very open question (!) : What would be a good thing to get
things going - ie what should I try to automate first?

Second, hopefully more specific question: I have a fish tank that I
am keen to integrate with a home automation system - if nothing more
than controlling the light above the tank. Does anyone else here have
experience of automating a fish tank? If so, how far did you go?

Be great to automate a "water top-up" feature to account for
water
loss through evaporation....

Oh well, I think this should serve as a suitable introductory email
as requested when I joined the list!!

Thanks for any pointers!

Richard.