RE: OT- Dell AXIM wireless network card

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT- Dell AXIM wireless network card
  • From: "Alistair Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:49:58 -0000

yeah,
I have one of those in my PDA that i use for my home remote control... only
problem i have is when i put it down, if the card touches anything it
looses
a connection and i have to take it out and reboot the pda and start
again...
dunno if its aproblem with the card of the PDA, but its a cracking little
device, with a pretty good range... my PC (with external ant) gets about
60%
signal, while the PDA is still on 100! it goes way out of my house, and i
can still get a decent signal over at the station... kinda scary !

^mad^

PC
> 2003, Docking Station etc - but without the DELL CF Card at the time
as I
> did not have wireless at home anyway.
>
> Installed an Access Point at home this weekend and bought a CF
> wireless card
> from www.ebuyer.co.uk
>
> Wasn't sure if it was compatible, but some helpfull person left a
review
> that said it works well with the AXIM, so I gave it a try.
>
> Installed a treat, although the driver file says "WINCE3.0"
??
> What the hell, it works and the range is very good.
>
> May be worth a try with your access-point.
>
> At www.ebuyer.co.uk enter QuickFind code 50919 - The price is £25.50 +
VAT

<ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 5:05 PM
> Subject: [ukha_d] OT- Dell AXIM wireless network card
>

> > Hi All
> >
> > On Friday I received my AXIM with GPS etc. I chose the 400Mhz
option and
> > I also added the Dell wireless card. This card will not work with
either
> > mine or the companies WAP11. After some searching I did find
others have
> > had the same problem and that turning Encryption to either 64bit
or off
> > would allow it work. I'm not prepared to do that, so the Dell
card will
> > have to go back, other reports also say that the range on the
Dell card