Re: Q about DNS for 'home' servers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Q about DNS for 'home' servers
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:08:17 -0000

Steve,

Given your DNS is already hosted by fasthosts, why not ask them.

Just drop an email to their techical support, asking them to set up
the additional "A Records".

If you give them a list of names and IPs to which you'd like those
names to point, they will hopefully just do this for you.

If they refuse, or want to charge money, then time to change.
Certainly my ISP (Rapidhoster) will set up additional A records for
me free of charge.

Regards,

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@g...> wrote:
> I nearly marked this as [OT], but since it relates to a HA server,
I changed
> my mind.
>
> I've recently moved my ADSL service from BTO to Nildram and now
have 5
> static IP addresses. I've set up a boundary server on one of them
that uses
> Microsoft's ISA Server to expose a web server and also TiVoWeb. ISA
nicely
> provides the authentication controls for the TiVo.
>
> Now, what I don't understand is what to do about DNS entries for
this lot.
> I've registered a new domain (smorgo.com) and now want to set up
DNS names