OT- Dell AXIM wireless network card

  • To: "HA Yahoo group UK (HA Yahoo group UK)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT- Dell AXIM wireless network card
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:05:58 -0000

Hi All

On Friday I received my AXIM with GPS etc. I chose the 400Mhz option and
I also added the Dell wireless card. This card will not work with either
mine or the companies WAP11. After some searching I did find others have
had the same problem and that turning Encryption to either 64bit or off
would allow it work. I'm not prepared to do that, so the Dell card will
have to go back, other reports also say that the range on the Dell card
is also poor. So is anyone using a CF wireless card that works with the
WAP11 with 128 bit encryption turn on, if so what make please. An added
advantage would be if it also worked with mini net stumbler. Any advice
gladly received.

Thanks

Ian D

PS. This is also my Xmas gift from SWMBO, but as I explained it wouldn't
be very nice on Christmas day if it didn't all work and that I should
try everything to make sure it is ok. I think I should just about have
everything tested by about the 24th!!